Introduction To Digital SLR Class Wednesday, September 24th, 2014
Wednesday, September 24th
6 to 8PM
Seawood Photo, San Anselmo
(FREE with camera purchase)
Join Seawood Photo Instructor Yau-Man Chan for an informative two-hour class on how to use your Digital Single Lens Reflex camera!
In this class you will be introduced to the wonderful features of modern DSLR’s and how these features are best used to create amazing images.
He will teach you to understand them to help you get the most out of your camera.
The following topics will be covered:
1. Pixels, Sensors and Resolution; what they have to do with pictures you get.
2. Images sizes and type – JPEG Large, Medium, Small and RAW and when to use what.
3. Focusing modes – what the different modes does and when to use them.
4. Exposure metering modes and how they affect the exposure of your images.
5. Shooting modes – Auto, P, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and when to use what.
6. Interchangeable lenses – This is one of the prime features that distinguishes DSLR from Point and Shoot Cameras. What are the differences between different lenses – Primes and Zoom and what they are good for.
7. And much more!
Bring your camera, questions and a fully charged battery.